I really like cooking shows. When I get on a cooking show kick, I also usually end up getting inspired to make something different than my usual meals like Red Bean Taco Soup or our Freezer Enchiladas, basically anything I can make in my cast iron or my InstantPot.
When the new Trim Healthy Mama book came out I started reading all of their hype about salmon, that coupled with a new binge week watching Chopped on Netflix while I worked at night. So, I decided to make a change and splurge a little and try cooking salmon.
Cooking the salmon was ridiculously easy.
- 4 salmon fillets
- approx. 4 oz butter, melted
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- zest of one lemon
- If you bought your salmon fillets frozen, allow them to thaw before you start your prep.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Combine the herbs into a bowl.
- Dip the salmon filet in the butter/lemon mixture, then into the herb mixture.
- Place the salmon filets on a sprayed sheet of aluminum foil or a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.